Sunday, September 30, 2007

EMERALD ISLE

One of the wonderful parts about living in Wilmington is that we're 1 1/2 hours from Emerald Isle. I (Melissa) grew up going on vacation to Emerald Isle every summer with friends of our family. We loved it so much that my parents bought a condo there. We will be able to frequent the place more often now and see family and friends who stay there! So last Monday we headed to E.I. to visit my mom and friends, Cindy and Lori, for the day. We had such a great time!

Ben loved Cindy's pink cup and when she gave it to him, he went into his tent to play with the cup and straw.




It was a gorgeous day as you can tell. Ben took a very long afternoon nap and Dave and I got a break to enjoy the beach!




When Ben woke up, he got a haircut (I have no pictures of the process as Dave and I were at the beach... only the finished product). But it's VERY hard to cut a 1 year old's hair. So Lori held Ben, Cindy provided entertainment with the help of the dogs- Daisy and April, and Mom cut his hair!


They came back to the beach and Ben met Sophie, a Portugese Water Dog. He loved her, as he loves all dogs!


Notice Ben's new haircut!



No comments: