


Well, its been a time since I last posted! Oh well, now I have a reason to write!
Melissa and I are less than a month from the expected arrival date of our little one! We are busy getting everything together. We've spent a lot of time in different baby stores collecting useful materials. Melissa's sister and mom threw a shower for her over the memorial day weekend in which a lot of our generous family and friends "showered" us with gifts and items that will be very useful to us! Melissa's coworkers also had a shower for her and we again were blessed with lots of the necessities!
Since my last post we've done quite a bit. We've had a trip to Philadelphia for a family visit, a trip to Ohio for a medical conference, and our last big trip with just the two of us before the baby, to San Francisco! We had a great time at all of these places and enjoyed the time away from home!
And if having a baby wasn't enough of a change to have in the next few weeks, I've decided after a lot of prayer and discussion, to leave my current job in orthopedics to join a Thoracic and Vascular surgery group in the area (thats chest and blood vessel surgery for all you nonmedical folks!). We are both looking forward to the change that this will bring as my new schedule will allow me to be off in the middle of the week more freeing me up to be with the baby while Melissa returns to work part time in November. The Lord has guided us so far and I have full faith that He will continue to do the same!
Well, I leave off here. these posts are supposed to be short updates on a regular basis as opposed to the long update twice a year! Once the baby comes though, we may be able to use this to keep all of our friends and family up to date on whats going on and to share photos! I'll include a few from the past few months to wet your appetites!
1 comment:
Wow Dave and Melissa! I love your blog. It's so fun to look at!! I absolutely love the photos too...you've got a beautiful wife!! :-) (even at 8mths+!!)
This site will definetly be frequented as we head overseas again soon! I'll fill you in soon. Love you guys so much.
Lib
Post a Comment