Wednesday, July 04, 2007

July 4th, 2007

Well today was, from a weather standpoint, a wash! We woke up to cloudy skies and it started raining in the late afternoon. It only got into the upper 60s/low 70s for the temp. Not the typical Independence day weather we're used to! But we had a great time anyway. Melissa and I took Ben to a local town's pet parade where we were able to let Ben walk around touching and petting a bunch of the dogs. He loved it a lot. Then we headed home, took nice afternoon naps, went shopping at BJs and then came home and had dinner! So a bit of a low-key day, but with Ben, its always a photo op. Enjoy these pictures. I hope you had a great day celebrating the freedoms we enjoy in our great country!
Shep: What do you make of this youngster?
Muffin: He looks harmless, but he sure is excited.
Shep: Well, let him touch your nose but watch your ears!
Muffin: Tell me about it, last year some kid went home with a fist full of fur! If I see him again, I'll show him how tough Muffin can be!!
This large collie was great and very gentle! He had a really long tongue and made sure he cleaned Ben up for us really well!
Daddy: Ben, this is the type of dog I grew up with, a Shetland Sheep Dog. Isn't she beautiful?
Ben: uhhh, can we go have some of that fried dough over there?
I was taking this great picture of this really friendly kid who was taking my picture at the same time and then out of no where, this lady and her 175 lbs wolf hound decided to dance into our picture!
Come on over here, I'll tickle your nose too!
Happy Fourth of July, and Happy Birthday Aunt Lainie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Ben enjoyed his second Independence Day!
Colin is a big fan of animals too...he loves to "pet" Fred and Angel and always ends up with a fist full of fur. :)
Ben is getting so big - he looks like a handsome little boy! We can't wait to see you guys again!