Wednesday, August 12, 2009

HIM, HER, THEM

HIM:
Here is Ben reminding us that we'll have to get some orthodontic insurance when he's old enough! Gotta love his underbite like his Mommy (who has one no more thanks to 3 1/2 years of braces)!
Keeping it in the cul-de-sac...
Ben got his first big boy bike from one of our neighbors on the cul-de-sac and we gave his tricycle to another neighbor who's a year younger than Ben. Ben is IN LOVE with his bike. He's pretty good on it and I love watching Ben and Dave bicycle down the road together!



This is how sweaty Ben can get after riding his bicycle some days! (Another wonderful trait he's inherited from his Mommy!)



Ben also enjoys helping out in the kitchen. He loves to pound the chicken for me! (Don't worry, even though his head is sweaty, his hands were nice and clean!)

Ben after eating bing cherries!
HER:

Maaike is loving her food! She especially enjoys feeding herself anything I give her. She's a much better eater than Ben was at this point. She hasn't met a food she doesn't like! I thought that this would encourage Ben to eat his veggies if he saw his sister devouring them. No such luck, he wanted to "share" his veggies with her!
Maaike gives herself some great hairdos when she plays with her hair after sucking her thumb!

Loving her brother's train table.

This play table was in the carpeted part of the picture when she began playing with it. She enjoys using it as a walker at times!
Maaike is moving using the army crawl these days. She's still not on all fours, for which I am thankful because she's not too fast. The biggest challenge right now is that I have to keep the floors pretty clean because she will put anything in her mouth... crumbs Ben drops while he's eating... grass bits from outside... or Ben's crocs... she's a big fan of them!


THEM:

They both wear their food well, don't they?!


Ben can tolerate Maaike playing with his train table for a few minutes! When she commits the ultimate sin of touching his train or trying to dismantle the tracks, he's ready for her to be removed from the table!


Ben enjoys pushing (or in this case pulling) Maaike on the swings for about 10 seconds. Then he either loses interest or gets too rough.
These two little people make our lives so rich!


2 comments:

Loekie said...

Toooooooo cute! Thanks for all your effort in maintaining this blog.

Catching Up With The Conways said...

I seriously cannot handle how cute your kids are. I want to smush them !