Well, Ben's second dentist visit was not quite how I pictured it to be. He was fine about going, we talked about what they'd be doing and he was completely happy while in the waiting room until...
Penelope came to get him. It was all downhill from there! NO- he wouldn't sit in the chair to get pictures taken of his teeth. So Penelope knew there was no sense having him sit in the big chair for his first real cleaning. So, like the first time, we did a "lap visit." He sat in my lap facing me and was supposed to lay down into the lap of the dentist. This went okay the first time... this time, not so much! He "cried" the entire time... trying to keep his teeth as clenched as possible... and was clearly not having a good experience! It was quick and very painless. She did get to see enough to know there isn't anything to really be concerned about right now.
They tell me that 6 months will make a big difference and hopefully he'll be ready to do more next time. Do they know Ben???!!! We'll see how he does when September rolls around!
I wish I could have gotten a picture of Maaike while Ben was carrying on during the cleaning. She was on the verge of crying- lip quiver and all! It was so pitiful and cute at the same time!
Afterwards, we had lunch and played at the park. With the dentist experience totally forgotten, the kids had a blast!



I'm 6 months pregnant and this is what Maaike subjects me to at the park. It's not a pretty sight watching me contort myself so that I can go down the slide with her! I think she'd do it by herself so the next time I'm at the park with a buddy, we'll see if she'll go down without me being with her.
Me: "Ben, where are you going?"
Ben: "A boy asked me to play soccer. I'm just going to kick the ball with him, Mom."
Okay, Mr. Independent! They did kick it back and forth for a little bit, which was cute to see!
I'm 6 months pregnant and this is what Maaike subjects me to at the park. It's not a pretty sight watching me contort myself so that I can go down the slide with her! I think she'd do it by herself so the next time I'm at the park with a buddy, we'll see if she'll go down without me being with her.
1 comment:
I am sure the "you need braces" talk will go a lot easier :-)
Post a Comment