Wednesday, February 22, 2012

NANA VISITS!

We had a great visit with Nana at the end of January!  She has recently retired and has more time to travel from Ohio to see the grandkids!  Yay!  Well, since I knew she was getting more rest since being retired, I packed our days full!  I was definitely going to take advantage of another body to help out with the kids and enjoy getting out and about each day.  

After naps, we are pretty much outside until dinnertime.  Maaike got a plasma car for Christmas and I discovered I can fit in it and give Lexi a ride down the driveway.  So this is what I'm on (it's not too visible) and the girls and I "whizzed" down the driveway!

Group hug!  (Love that our hair color is pretty identical in this picture!  Weird.... but I think it's sweet!)


 We went to the aquarium one day and had a great time.  For 2 days while Nana was here, I was helping out another friend by watching her boy, Cooper, for her.  Again, an extra set of hands really helped me out tremendously!  So we started our time with the 2 little ones in the stroller but I felt bad and let them out pretty quickly!  Nana and I kept busy going after the little ones, but they were pretty great!


Nana with Lexi and Maaike

Maaike, Lexi and Cooper (who is wearing one of Ben's old shirts!!!  Love it!)

Maaike and Nana finally found Nemo!  We were looking for Nemo for awhile and they finally found him!

Nana was really excited about whatever was in the tank!





We visited a few parks... the weather was gorgeous during her whole visit!



One park that we went to has a very high fireman's pole.  Maaike has done well going down shorter fireman poles and was eager to do this one!  She started off pretty confident and in charge...

...but about halfway down she lost her tight grip and came tearing down the pole quickly!  I was so glad I was there to catch her!

Maaike enjoyed being the pusher!

A different park...

This big branch was a bit more exciting to Ben than the playground, but that's ok!

Nana pusing Lexi in our backyard

We went downtown one late afternoon and had a great stroll, dinner and dessert!






 


 








Ben and Maaike loved playing on Nana's computer and IPad!

Nana reading to Ben before bedtime!
We had a great visit!  Can't wait to see you again!

No comments: