Saturday, December 22, 2012

PRE-CHRISTMAS FUN!!

We have had such a fun and busy December!  I have to get all caught up on our pictures since we leave for PA tomorrow!  We're renting a house up there with Dave's family for the week.  Besides his immediate family, we're also spending Christmas together with Dave's grandmother and Aunt and Uncle!  The day after Christmas we'll see a bunch of extended family while we all celebrate Dave's grandmother's 90th birthday!  

So here's some of our Christmas so far!

I'm in a mom's group during the week and we had a Christmas party for the kids, which they loved!  Here's their edible craft... They decorated the sugar cone with icing and rolled it in lucky charms to make Christmas trees!  It was very cute and very sweet.... they didn't eat too much of it but it came out so cute!


On December 1, we started something called Truth in the Tinsel.  Every day in December (well, let's be honest... probably 18 or 19 of the 24 days of Advent), we read part of the story of Jesus' birth and did a corresponding craft to help the kids remember and relate to the Bible story.  It has been so much fun and has made the true meaning of Christmas more real in our house.  We painted a Christmas tree for the to hang their ornaments on.

Here's some of what we did...

Lexi painting her manger in a leotard and leopard headband, of course!

Joseph and Mary

A shephard!

Gabriel, the angel, and our super pathetic looking sheep that actually doesn't look too bad in this picture!  I didn't have yarn or black pipe cleaners or paper so I had to improvise but the kids and I had a good laugh while making their "sheep."

I found Lexi like this one afternoon... never a dull moment!  Luckily it was erasable marker so it came off easily and I kept it on until Dave got home from work :)

We celebrated Christmas last weekend with my mom and grandmother.

All the girls...

Ben was super excited to get his new Hess truck for the year! 

Lexi played beautician with my grandmother's new lipstick!

Dave trying out our new hedge trimmer from my mom!


Presents from Cindy and Lori!!!  They were so excited to open everything!


We're loving the magnetic dartboard!  That was probably Ben's favorite!

Aunt Lois and Uncle Hubie sent the kids their own personalized aprons and some baking stuff!  They hounded me every day to do some baking!  So the girls and I did a little to get ready to make our neighbor's cookies... I think Ben was playing outside... He really loves to help me bake but playing with our neighbor ranks a little higher :)


Cookie plates for our neighbors!

Lainie and Cory gave the kids Dream Lites and they are IN LOVE with them!  They come everywhere with us and the girls now have a bedtime rule that they can only press the button once (it's on a timer) because otherwise they stay up too late!

Of course, they have names:

Ben's is Spike.  (He wanted to name it Horny but Dave convinced him that Spike was a tough name!)

Maaike's giraffe (her favorite animal!) is names Starry.  For those who haven't seen the commercial, the top lights up and puts stars on the ceiling.

From the beginning, Lexi called her butterfly Pixie Dust Away.  I kept saying Pixie Dust and she'd keep correcting me by saying Pixie Dust Away!  So that's her name!

Sugar cookie night with the kids!  Aren't their aprons so cute?!


She even mailed frosting and sprinkles!



Dave and I have been surprised that no one has asked how Santa will find us in PA!  So he asked the kids tonight and they were very stumped!  So Dave asked Ben if we should leave Santa a note telling him where we are.  Ben thought that was a great idea!  With the exception of Pennsylvania, this is all Ben's spelling work!  It's hanging by our fireplace.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: