Sunday, June 02, 2013

LEXI TURNS 3!!!

Sweet Lexi Lainie turned 3 on May 25th!  It's hard to believe that 3 years have gone by!  She's such a bundle of joy and has completed our family of 5 just perfectly!  I actually missed the birthday festivities because I flew up to spend a week with my sister and brand new nephew, Trey!

Here's the birthday girl waiting for dinner and her cake! 

I did make her birthday cake before I left.... strawberry lemon cake... I wished I could have tasted it :)  I give the whipped topping and strawberry credit all to Dave though!


Present time!


Thanking Poppy for her presents.  They flew down for the time while I was away to help Dave and watch the kids while he went to work.  We are so thankful for their willingness to help and the kids loved having Nana and Poppy visit!

Ben and Maaike each made Lexi a birthday card.  Here is Lexi's priceless reaction she saw the card from Ben.

Here's how the conversation went as retold by Dave (and a similar one was had between Lexi and Maaike when she opened Maaike's card): 

Lexi to Ben:  Did you draw this?
Ben:  Yeah
Lexi: For me?
Ben: Yeah
Lexi:  Thank you, Ben!




Melt. My. Heart.



Cole, our neighbor, brought over a cookie cake for Lexi (on a very interesting skull plate), and he was so excited to bring it over!

1 comment:

Lainie said...

Ummm where is a pic of Trey ?!?! Such a hater.