Thursday, September 19, 2013

TRIATHLON AND MORE

On Saturday, Dave and I headed down to Charleston with our good friends, Shane and Jenny.  We decided to take full advantage of the minivan and rented a girly movie to watch!  This is us at the end of Safe Haven....  Yup, Nicholas Sparks can sure make a girl cry.  I do read his books and they are hokie but this was legitimately a good movie!  Shane had to photograph our tears...

When we got to Kiawah Island, SC, the boys had to register for their race and we met up with the 3rd couple of our party, Aaron and Michelle!  They moved to Atlanta in March, and we were all so excited to spend a day with them.  This was Aaron's first ever triathlon and Shane and Dave's first olympic distance length!  

Aaron, Michelle, Shane, Jenny, Dave and I

Just before the race, we found out that Dave's parents were down to cheer him and my brother-in-law, Todd, on!  That was such a nice surprise and great to share that experience with them!  Unfortunately, I have no pictures with them but I promise you, they were there!  (Go over to Libby and Todd's blog and you'll see the proof!)

Dave on his bike... we missed the swim because us girls were.... ummm.... sleeping in a bit :)  We had to take advantage of a morning without kids!!!


 Starting the run with smiles!

Faking a really hurt back.... but it bit him in the... back, I guess.  He hurt his back the Thursday before the race and he was just hoping he'd be able to complete the race.  He made it to mile 3 and then he felt it again along with some spasms that ran up his back and forced him to walk.  When I saw him walking at mile 5 I teared up for him.  I was so bummed.  He finished the race walking and running.... but he finished!  

Here's the proof!



Emma (my niece) was with Libby and Grant for the weekend to cheer on her daddy!  It was Todd's first triathlon, too!  We took a little bathroom/nature exhibit detour!  

Aaron, Shane and Dave after the race...

...Dave and Todd at the end.  I love this picture because Todd's the only one who can make Dave look short!

I think both Todd and Aaron (first tri for each) have been "bit by the bug", so hopefully there are more triathlons in their futures!

The girls with our tired and stinky husbands.

The boys followed suit and rented a movie on the way home.  Whatever they rented didn't hold a candle to Nicholas Sparks!  They said it was horrible.  But I'm not sure they would have watched Safe Haven.... ever!

On a totally different note, this little peanut went to her first Mom's Morning Out "school" on Wednesday!  She LOVED it!  I was told she fit in beautifully and seemed to really enjoy herself!

When she walking into the room and saw this big dollhouse, I think she was sold!

No comments: