Wednesday, February 12, 2014

PART 3- CHRISTMAS DAY

I can't believe how far behind I am on my blogging!  Oops!  I guess we've been busy... or I've been lazy.... yeah, we'll just go with busy!

Tomorrow will be the 6th snow day Ben has had in 2 weeks!  We only got ice here this week but it's created a lot of power outages and trees are falling everywhere so it's not safe to be out if we don't need to be.  2 of the snow days will be made up on a Saturday!  Yikes!  Judge me if you want but I told Ben he didn't have to go.  I can't imagine they will cover much on a half day of Saturday school.  If I had all 3 in school, I'd drop them off happily and have a half day with just Dave... that would be awesome!  But that's not the case this year!  But Ben told me he wants to go next Saturday!  We'll see how he feels on the day of.  He really likes school and said it would be cool to be there on Saturday.  Ummm... ok!  Glad he loves school though!  But back to the topic at hand:  Christmas Day!

We got a green pickle ornament from someone Dave works with and you have to put it on the tree when the kids are asleep.   Whoever is the first person to find it in the morning gets a special present.  Well, we knew Maaike would remember AND find the pickle first!  She thought it was so cool and really wanted to find it first.  We were right!




Trey was bright eyed and bushy tailed on Christmas morning!

While Lexi took the thoughtful approach to her Christmas morning!

This pictures cracks me up!  This is a little Santa hat clip that Mom got the girls last year.  It's so awkward to put in their hair but I brought it with us anyway.  Trey really wanted to try it on and I have to say he wears it better than the girls!  

Clearly Trey had enough of the hat :) 

Matching PJ's and prepping for a yummy Christmas breakfast.  Well, all of us but Lainie that is, since she had 2 free hands to pose!

Maaike's pickle-finding gift and a head wrap thingy in her stocking!


Ben loved getting his Hess truck from Joon Joon!



Lexi loved her ballerina doll!

Only Lainie would buy such amazing wrapping paper!  Dave was clearly swooning!

Maaike loved her school kit!  She and Ben played with it for awhile on Christmas day!



Buckly giving Bear Christmas kisses.

A bow and arrow for the Bubba!  The arrows didn't stick so well outside so it came inside!


Smiling...

...and surprised!

At least for the people on the right!

Ben and his buddy, Bear

Trey really got his crawling on while we were up there!  He loved the sparkly Christmas ornaments!

And he also loved Maaike!

 Lainie pretty table setting for Christmas dinner!



Family photo by the 'fireplace'!

No comments: