We recently took a trip up to Ohio to visit Nana and Poppy! The kids were so excited to be at Nana and Poppy's house! We all had a wonderful time together.
Our first full day consisted of a great trip to the Cleveland Zoo.
Dave and his youngest meerkat
2 crazy meerkats!
Ben and Nana
We had beautiful weather, not only this day, but the entire time we were in Ohio! It got into the 70s each day and the sun was out the whole time as well!
Always trust a pigtailed navigator!
So Ben sometimes has a hard time falling asleep and there are 2 main fears he has at night. One of them is that a bear will come in the house. (The other is that the house will catch on fire but that has nothing to do with this.) Hmmm... now I could see his fear if he lived with my sister in NY but not in Wilmington! Anyway, I was surprised he slept at all after seeing these bears playing. It was neat to watch but I kept on wondering if Ben would be sleeping with us that night!
Maaike's favorite
Time for a little roughhousing with Poppy!
We took a tram to one part of the zoo, which the kids loved!
Mr. Gorilla was up and eating away. At first, it seemed quite innocent....
but we soon found out and witnessed that hay and lettuce were not the only things on his menu for that meal...
He changed locations and proceeded to do #1 and #2- except #2 didn't drop. He caught it and ATE IT! I had to walk away after I snapped a picture because I was nauseous. We started feeling really bad for this poor gorilla. He had to resort to eating his own poop???? Thankfully, google informed us that it's normal for gorilla's to engage in this strange behavior... something about extra nutrition and all... SO. NASTY.
Okay, hope you can all erase that image from your minds with the rest of the post. I promise there's no more potty talk!
Dying eggs with Nana
While Daddy worked on putting new stairs on the back porch! It only took 3 trips to Home Depot and some good teamwork to finish it! Like the paint job? That was my contribution!
I give more credit to this guy though for taking it on and doing a great job!
Easter morning!
The Easter Bunny even sent them on a scavenger hunt for one last gift! They ended up finding their own copy of Frozen!
Easter 2014
We did the Easter egg hunt in the afternoon.
Some pretty happy kids, which made for an extra great trip!












1 comment:
1. I didn't know Ben shares my bear fears!!! I'm terrified now that they are out of hibernation 2. A post in your favorite nephews 1st birthday and no mention of him *cough* hooker *cough*
Post a Comment