Part 2 of our trip took place at Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster, PA. When we left the Roberts' house, we told the kids we were taking a mystery trip. This immediately excited them and they couldn't wait to see where we were going! We've never been to an amusement park with them and we've been wanting to try one out for awhile! This park was PERFECT for our kids! All of them could ride any ride and Ben wasn't too old to be annoyed by "little kid" rides. We had such a great day! We got there at 11 and closed the park down at 8:30! Then we finally had dinner and got to our hotel to go to sleep around 10. It was such a great day! The kids all had a blast and truly loved every minute!


Little Lexi wasn't scared of anything!
Ben loved the driving rides... like this selfie Dave took of them on the antique cars and also he LOVED the bumper cars.
I knew that since my experience of rolling down the hill, this turtle ride was not going to be on my OK list! No spinning in little circles for me! I happily watched!
This one can nap anywhere! Yay!
Part 3 of our trip took place in NY! We spent some time with my sister and the fam! She took more pictures but I forgot to get them on my computer before we left. So here's what I had...
Time for a walk!
Trey, being familiar with his neighborhood, pointed us the right way!
Uh-oh, who got into Ben's legos?????
The day before we left, Lainie and I took the kids to a park to get out for a bit...
He met us at the park with the surprise. Let's just say that their reactions did not meet my expectations! They have wanted a dog forever as has Dave. I finally gave Dave the go ahead because the kids are all getting older and I felt like I was as ready as I'm going to be! All the research was up to him (as long as he stayed within my guidelines of course... ha!) He decided that a Goldendoodle would be perfect for us! It just so happened that we picked her up in NY and brought her home with us!
The girls were hesitant in their excitement but Ben was none too happy... can you see him in the background? Poor kid! When Dave went over to talk to him he said, " She's little AND she's a girl!" It was so sad! Once Lainie showed him a picture of how big these dogs get, he completely changed his attitude!
Thank gooness for Trey baby! He had amazing excitement for Nutmeg and was smitten by her!
See, Ben changed his mind!

I always wanted to name a dog, Monroe, since that's where Dave and I lived when we still lived in NY. He was not too sure. We wanted something sentimental, and who wants to let their little kids name their dog... really?! Ha! They never objected so her name was meant to be! Anyway, when we went on our honeymoon to Grenada, it was the nutmeg capital of the world and Dave thought it was all so interesting! We had to go on a spice tour and everything! So he threw the name Nutmeg (Meg) out there and I agreed!















2 comments:
Great pictures of your vaca AND of Meg's intro to the family! Can't wait to meet her!
Love these photos! Look how sweet Meg is looking at Maaike in that last photo! So cute. So funny how we think the kids will react to something and it's totally different! Ugh! :) Fun pics! Miss you guys.
Post a Comment