Tuesday, January 20, 2009

WINTER WONDERLAND

The snow began and we watched the neighbors outside from our window... Ben was excited when I suggested we go outside!


While Maaike slept, Ben and I went out to enjoy the snow! He was pretty excited to put on his rainboots (thanks, Aunt Laurelyn!) and walk around outside. We made some small snowballs and Ben cleaned off what he could reach of my car.






He also couldn't resist walking in the puddles!

Dave came home at noon because the office closed! So that was a nice surprise for all of us. When Ben woke up from his nap, we all went outside (Maaike and I very briefly!) to enjoy the snow some more.





It will probably be all gone by the morning but it should be cold enough so maybe we'll be able to enjoy the snow some more tomorrow! The word 'enjoy' is probably not the word our Northern friends and family would use to describe snow at this point in the year but it's a treat for us!!




3 comments:

Libby said...

Love these photos! Glad you could truly "feel" like it's winter. :-)

Anonymous said...

The office closed?? Oh my....

Anonymous said...

I know where there's more snow to play in... even to ski on!! It does seem strange to see it in YOUR yard!! Great pics!!