I am so sorry to all of our blog fans! It's been awhile since the last post so we have a good amount of pictures to share. We got more snow in Wilmington! It wasn't as much and didn't last as long, but Ben and I went outside and enjoyed it! He's getting better at smiling for the camera (when he wants to). I just ask him to show me his teeth and that seems to work.
We've enjoyed visiting my mom and grandparents in Emerald Isle. They're down for the month and it's great to have family a lot closer for awhile! Maaike enjoys being held by her Great Oma but she's on a standing kick right now. So Oma has been working out her biceps as she holds her great granddaughter!
While Maaike is held inside, we're usually outside with Ben at the beach if he's not napping! His favorite place to go last weekend was the garbage can. For more than half an hour, he jumped into the little hole around the garbage can. So I asked him to pose next to it... I know, I know... gross... but he kept his hands away from the opening at least!
I love this picture of Maaike sucking her thumb. She hasn't learned to curl her fingers down yet. She has an occasional eye poke here and there but the thumb has been great in helping her get to sleep for naps and bedtime.

Modeling the hat Joon-Joon got her... I don't think it will keep a lot of sun away but it gave us some good laughs.

Dave and Ben enjoying a nice walk outside before nap...

...and then back to play on the beach after his nap! Just dig the boy a hole and he's set for awhile.

Ben found Maaike's hat when we were home so he wore it for a good part of the morning for whatever reason. Show me your teeth Ben!

Modeling the hat Joon-Joon got her... I don't think it will keep a lot of sun away but it gave us some good laughs.
Dave and Ben enjoying a nice walk outside before nap...
...and then back to play on the beach after his nap! Just dig the boy a hole and he's set for awhile.
Ben found Maaike's hat when we were home so he wore it for a good part of the morning for whatever reason. Show me your teeth Ben!
I'm loving my new double stroller (Thanks, Neel)! It's a BabyJogger (and it says in 3 different places in the literature that it's not meant for jogging... hmmm) and I've started exercising again. I do jog a bit with it (more walking though... don't let me fool you!) and don't really understand why it shouldn't be used for jogging. I go pretty slow and on flat surfaces... no off roading for me so maybe that's why it's fine. Anyway, Maaike takes part of her morning nap in it and Ben and I enjoy the walk. It's been so nice to get out and enjoy the nice weather.
We had a great Valentine's Day yesterday! Dave made me homemade biscuits with bacon, egg and cheese... Yummy!

Daddy with his second Valentine (Maaike) and mine (Ben).
Again, we were in Emerald Isle and Ben became very attached to his Valentine gift from Joon-Joon. He carried his doggy, which he named Doggy, around under his arm like this. But then when he was bringing Doggy in from the porch...
Doggy's ear got stuck in the door! So as any kind owner would do, he just yanked on it until Doggy was free!

Daddy with his second Valentine (Maaike) and mine (Ben).
3 comments:
SUCH a good update .. was it really that hard ???
Love you guys! I can just picture these adventurous days with those adorable kiddos! I'm jealous!!
Thanks for the "fix". That's some girlie girl you have, and Ben is all boy! It is amazing to see them grow!! Hugs from us...
Post a Comment