Tuesday, March 31, 2009

OUTDOOR FUN

One last picture of the kids with Aunt Laurelyn before she went back to Ohio.
We had a great day today! After Maaike's morning nap, we headed off to Cuttin' Up for a haircut. My mom has always cut his hair so I didn't know how he'd do going somewhere where he'd have to actually sit down. See, my poor mother has to cut and buzz on a moving target... not the most ideal situation!
I forgot my camera but I'll just tell you how it went...
We went in... and then back out to the car... then back in when I reminded him we'd go to Target to get popcorn... then we left again and got in the car... then when he heard he wouldn't get popcorn (bribes are great sometimes!) we went back inside... third times a charm!
This is a salon for kids so they have cool cars you can sit in or just the boring chair. So what do you think Ben chose? The boring chair!!! Sometimes I don't get him! He enjoyed watching Noggin while the lady cut his hair, and afterwards we enjoyed some popcorn at Target!
When Ben got up from his nap, we went outside to play with his new bubble maker. (Aunt Laurelyn, we returned the broken doggy and got this... he loves it... thanks!) I wish I could have taken a picture of his face when he saw how big the bubbles could get! It was priceless! A very fun toy!


Then he got a package in the mail from "Aunt" Cindy and "Aunt" Lori... his very first weed wacker! He carried that thing all around the lawn telling me he was weed wacking or mowing the grass... so cute! Right now it is hanging right next to Daddy's weed wacker!

"How does this thing work?"

Maaike wishing she was big enough to play with Ben's new toy!
... but she quickly got over it and fell asleep!

1 comment:

Catching Up With The Conways said...

lol can you PLEASE get this kid some new goggles ... perhaps ones that dont squish his face in !