Neel and Suzi's newest addition since we were in NY last... cows!
The only female cow (due to give birth any day now) is named Dutchess. The other ones are not named... for a very good reason... they are being raised to... should I write it?... be eaten. Yup! Some good organic beef cattle...
Almost every evening we were there, Ben went to help Neel and Suzi get the chickens into the coop! They graze with the cows each day and need to be locked up at night. Ben loved helping them get the chickens in!
Maaike didn't get to see much of the animals, so instead she scooted around the floor and smiled when I took pictures!
One afternoon, Mom, Maaike and I took a trip to see Lainie in Astoria. I've never seen her apartment or the area where she lives. It was fun! We walked around a bit, had some dinner and headed home when it was bedtime for Maaike.
Here she is cuddling with JoonJoon and a pink flamingo.

I asked Lainie to pose with Maaike... this is what I got! Maaike was just as happy to have the opportunity to get her hands on Lainie's necklace!

A real pose...

Mom and Lainie strolling Maaike around Astoria.

Our dinner event began with my mom spilling a glass of ice water all over her granddaughter! Of course, what do I do first... grab the camera for a photo op! Maaike was unaffected but she was pretty soaked. After a wardrobe change (well, more like a stripping off of everything but a diaper and her sweater) we settled down to eat our meal!

Dave (being a Cleveland fan and extremely unloving towards the Yankees) does not approve of this picture but it's too cute!

My friend from high school came to visit and brought an ice cream birthday cake for Ben!

Dana didn't want me to take a picture but I got a great one of Maaike and Dana's nice, tan legs!

Lainie came up for the weekend and took Ben outside with her to wash her car. I know it's blurry but it's the best one showing how helpful Ben was to his Aunt!

This car is soon to be no more! After taking her through some of college, law school and the beginning of her career, it is time to say goodbye! One last picture of the faithful Ford Taurus!

Maaike and I also went to see my good friend Sue (in the middle with Bella) for an afternoon! Dawn (with Madison) was Sue's neighbor growing up and we have been keeping in touch since she had Madison in January! It was so fun to see them both and relax!

Good friends already! Madison (almost6 months) and Maaike!
I asked Lainie to pose with Maaike... this is what I got! Maaike was just as happy to have the opportunity to get her hands on Lainie's necklace!
A real pose...
Mom and Lainie strolling Maaike around Astoria.
Our dinner event began with my mom spilling a glass of ice water all over her granddaughter! Of course, what do I do first... grab the camera for a photo op! Maaike was unaffected but she was pretty soaked. After a wardrobe change (well, more like a stripping off of everything but a diaper and her sweater) we settled down to eat our meal!
Dave (being a Cleveland fan and extremely unloving towards the Yankees) does not approve of this picture but it's too cute!
My friend from high school came to visit and brought an ice cream birthday cake for Ben!
Dana didn't want me to take a picture but I got a great one of Maaike and Dana's nice, tan legs!
Lainie came up for the weekend and took Ben outside with her to wash her car. I know it's blurry but it's the best one showing how helpful Ben was to his Aunt!
This car is soon to be no more! After taking her through some of college, law school and the beginning of her career, it is time to say goodbye! One last picture of the faithful Ford Taurus!
Maaike and I also went to see my good friend Sue (in the middle with Bella) for an afternoon! Dawn (with Madison) was Sue's neighbor growing up and we have been keeping in touch since she had Madison in January! It was so fun to see them both and relax!
Good friends already! Madison (almost6 months) and Maaike!
No comments:
Post a Comment