Tuesday, April 13, 2010

HILTON HEAD, SC!

Dave and I decided the day before he was leaving for Hilton Head to attend a medical conference, that the kids and I would go too. We got there Thursday night and stayed until Sunday. He was out around noon every day so I wasn't alone for the whole day! If you would have asked me if I was having fun the first day, the answer would have been NO! Ben was a pill and I had no patience... not a good combination! But the rest of the time was great and looking back, I'm really glad we went!
I took the kids out to breakfast the first morning and Ben loved the jukebox! We've entered the stage that whatever Ben does...
...so does Maaike!
The hotel was right on the beach so we spent our mornings here!


Daddy and his little girl!

Maaike loves food... enough said!




The boys attempted to ride this tandem bike on the beach... It looks like Ben's having a great time but they didn't last long. He was a little too short to ride it comfortably and when they rode into the wind, Ben was a barrel of complaints! So it was short-lived but at least Ben gave it a shot!

We went to a petting zoo and the kids really enjoyed it! Maaike was pretty scared of the animals until this nice lady gave us her leftover carrots to feed the animals. Ben was all about feeding them carrots... after having attempted to give them pebbles and getting nowhere!






We also convinced Ben to take a pony ride! Dave already bought the ticket when Ben said he didn't want to go. He chose to ride Sweetheart and although it doesn't look like he enjoyed himself...

...when he was done, he had to stop and say goodbye!

The only horse Maaike got to ride!




Our one and only family picture...




5 comments:

Libby said...

Aww...can i be your kid...you guys do such fun things! :-) Great photos! You look fabulous Melissa!

Joon Joon said...

Oh, you made by day , I enjoyed the pics so much. I miss my babies(You too Melissa and Dave)

Joon Joon said...

Oh, you made my day, love the pics. I miss my babies (you too Melissa and Dave)

Joon Joon said...

Oh, you made my day, love the pics. I miss my babies (you too Melissa and Dave)

Liana said...

Your posts crack me up, Melissa - because I catch myself nodding my head & "agreeing" with what you wrote.
We're also in the stage of "What Noah does- Norah is immitating the EXACT same thing!"
It's so fun, but also so trying somedays, LOL
Can't believe our little guys will be 4 in July!!!