Friday, April 30, 2010

WE LOVE OUR GRANDMAS... AND THE BEACH!

The month of April has brought us visits from both grandmas! Nana came down a few weeks ago and I was very bad with taking pictures. I tried to download pictures from Nana's camera to add but it didn't work for some reason. So there are 3... We had a great long weekend with you, Nana!


Enlarge this next picture and get a few laughs from Ben's face. He WOULD NOT look at the camera (although neither would Maaike, I guess!) Caleb, recognize Ben's shirt???
A few pictures from Ben's field day at school. Ben carrying a water balloon can be a very scary thought if you're near him but he actually did what he was supposed to do with it... put it gently in a bucket! Wow! I was impressed!
His trophy!

Joon Joon also came for a visit. Here she is out for a spin with Maaike! Ben was on his bike and Maaike immediately goes for her helmet! Mom felt bad about me having to get on the bike so she decided to try it out. What a pro!

3 of us with 3 baby bellies... Ben's idea!

JoonJoon always gets me motivated every year to plant some pretty flowers. Ben is her little helper... and Maaike had to join in the "helping" as well!





Well, the grandmas are back home and we're left to enjoy the beautiful weather by our lonesome! So today, I was actually motivated to take them to the beach... 8 months prego... by myself. Can I just say... we had a GREAT time! They are both at great ages. Ben amuses himself wonderfully and Maaike.... let's just say she's a different bird than Ben was at 18 months. I didn't have to chase her down as she was trying to steal other people's toys, didn't have to chase her down from drowning in the ocean, and didn't have to chase her down as she generally just ran any direction she chose! Ahhhhhh... She stays pretty close and pretty much tries to play with Ben. It was such an enjoyable morning!


Maaike attempting to get both feet in her bucket...
...so proud!

She pretty much tried to do this the rest of the morning at various times! It was pretty cute! She was proud!

My little man... being an angel... helping me enjoy my time at the beach!

1 comment:

Catching Up With The Conways said...

1. Love the picture of you and two prego kids ... wicked cute.

2. What is with your kids overexcited smiley faces?

3. I like mom's face when Ben is helping her in the garden. You can tell he is kinda of stressing her out.

4. I miss you guys.

5. The palm reader I went to yesterday said I am having four kids!