Today I was informed of a small kids fishing derby on the ICCW. For a whopping 5$, Ben was provided with one fishing pole (which we took home with us), one leader with hook and weight, one ziplock baggy with a squid to be used for bait, one hotdog, one bag of chips, 4 cookies, one can of "fizzy" juice (it actually was juice), one fishing trophy, and two hours of enjoyment catching pinfish off the dock! For the same fee as above I was provided with the opportunity to show that I don't know anything about fishing, the chance to slice a squid into bite-sized pieces and bait a hook with it, multiple opportunities to wrench the hook out of the fish's mouth, one very excited boy, a lasting memory of our first (and probably not last) fishing expedition together, and one really cute picture!
1 comment:
I love this story! It reminds me of all the fishing trips dad dragged us off on, or just stopped by the road on the way to the Cape and threw in a line! Great catch Ben!
Post a Comment