Last Wednesday, I picked Dave up from work and we headed down to Myrtle Beach to visit my college roommate and her family who were vacationing down there for the week. We stayed for one night and had a blast at Dunes Village Resort... complete with indoor pools, waterslides, a playground, the beach and good friends!
Carrie with our 5 1/2 kids! Grant (just turned 5), Owen (16 months) and 1/2 baby boy Thompson due in February!
Watching the sunset from our balcony... I think it was a full moon that night! :)
Ben and Grant became good buddies!

Unfortunately, Maaike started to get a cold on Wednesday and was pretty miserable at times. But on Thursday morning, she actually slept at the beach for about 45 minutes!
Ben coming out of one of the waterslides...
Yup! He went down this one all by himself! He only did it one more time and that was it but I was pretty impressed he did it at all!
Yup! He went down this one all by himself! He only did it one more time and that was it but I was pretty impressed he did it at all!
Ben enjoying the submarine!
Maaike went down the slide a few times with Dave. I don't think she ever really liked it but she did go more than once!
Ben went down this smaller one A LOT... both with Dave and by himself.
And Lexi was such a good trooper to fall asleep whenever and wherever! It's funny, with the first 2 I was a napping nazi! With Lexi, it's too hard to be home for 2 or 3 naps so she just naps when she can in the morning and gets a good nap at home when the other 2 are also sleeping. It's worked out great as far as giving me flexibility to be out and about with the kids in the morning! And it was wonderful while in Myrtle because she napped in the stroller without too much of an issue.
Her smile just lights up my day!
We parted ways so Matt and Carrie and the kids could enjoy their last evening in Myrtle but we weren't quite ready to go home! So we went to Broadway at the Beach for dinner and to let Ben go on some small rides!
Ben went down this smaller one A LOT... both with Dave and by himself.
And Lexi was such a good trooper to fall asleep whenever and wherever! It's funny, with the first 2 I was a napping nazi! With Lexi, it's too hard to be home for 2 or 3 naps so she just naps when she can in the morning and gets a good nap at home when the other 2 are also sleeping. It's worked out great as far as giving me flexibility to be out and about with the kids in the morning! And it was wonderful while in Myrtle because she napped in the stroller without too much of an issue.
Her smile just lights up my day!
We parted ways so Matt and Carrie and the kids could enjoy their last evening in Myrtle but we weren't quite ready to go home! So we went to Broadway at the Beach for dinner and to let Ben go on some small rides!
But first we found some dinosaurs!
Ben loved all the rides!
And Lexi was just as happy sitting in the stroller while Ben had a blast!
I dragged Maaike on the carousel... the least threatening ride that I thought she'd enjoy... well she didn't! She cried the whole time!
Ben and I rode the ferris wheel and my stomach was in knots the whole time. I LOVE any kind of ride but haven't been on them in years. Maybe it was because I was on it with my child and I let myself get too anxious? I don't know. But Ben was a trooper, the closer he'd move to the door (which Dave informed me was locked with 3 locks and completely safe!) the more I'd say, Ben, don't get too close... or Ben, why don't you come sit closer to me?! Next time I will let Dave have the honor of going on the ferris wheel with Ben! Obviously Maaike won't be going on amusement rides anytime soon!
Ben's reaction when we said it was time to head home! Just kidding... he was great about leaving and heading home as long as we got dessert on the way. He's my kind of boy
I will try to get another post up soon but wanted to share 2 exciting developments in the Shaw household!!! On Sunday night, Maaike made the leap from crib to toddler bed! (Our friend was giving one away so we gladly accepted!) She didn't get out once and called us in the morning when she was ready to get up. Great job, Maaike! On Monday night, Lexi slept in the crib in Maaike's room... which we need to start referring to as the girl's room, I suppose! Maaike apparently had no huge attachments to her crib because she kept on saying Lexi's name and pointing to the crib! I hope her fondness for her little sister continues forever and ever!!!
3 comments:
Sometimes I wish I was one of your kids for a day. :-) What fun! I love Lexi's smile. Too sweet.
Maaike's face in the picture taken by a stranger really cracks me up .... she looks shockingly terrified!
Love my babes ... they all look so cute :-) xo xo xo
Post a Comment