Saturday, October 16, 2010

INDIGO FARM

Today was one of those days where Dave and I couldn't possibly be more in love with our children. We went to Indigo Farm with our good friends, Aaron, Michelle and Carrington, and had a wonderful day together! It was a "good Ben day." Yes, sometimes our days are classified according to the actions of our oldest... He was GREAT the whole day and we REALLY appreciated it. The kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves as did their parents. God has blessed us richly with these 3! And who wouldn't love going in public with a child wearing this... :)
Ben loved seeing all the animals on the farm.
Maaike spent most of her time while we were looking at the animals doing this: she sucks her thumb and twirls her hair... can I just say I am not looking forward to the day when we have to break these habits!
Lexi and Mommy
Maaike was not afraid of the rabbit!

This makes me excited for Thanksgiving...
Lexi was very excited to be dressed up for the day!
Ben was great all day about smiling for the camera! Clearly Maaike and Lexi didn't get the memo... but Ben got it loud and clear!
Carrington rode a cow while Aaron walked beside her!
I chuckle when I look at this picture because of Maaike. She was SO NOT INTO pictures!

We got to see some great pig races!

Aaron and Dave with Carrington and Maaike

Michelle picked up these great dresses for the girls! It's hard to believe they are almost 2! (Maaike- Nov. 1 and Carrington- Nov. 3)


Waiting for the hay ride out to pick our pumpkin...
Here we go! Maaike was clearly unhappy about getting on the scary wagon but she got over herself when we started moving! Lexi... well, she was just plain ticked off! (Really she was hungry! So here I am- in the middle of a field with only my bjorn and a hungry baby... so I did what I had to do: nursed her standing up, with nothing but her pumpkin to cover me up! How risque! But Lexi was much happier and therefore, so was Mommy.)
Ben was in love!
Maaike found one just her size!

Our littlest pumpkin... happy one minute...
...not-so-happy the next!

Waiting for the wagon to come back for us...
Ben didn't mind waiting at all. He just played in the dirt!

Maaike at 3:00- no nap and hair everywhere... but she's still smiling!
All 8 1/2 of us! Michelle is due with a boy in February!
Within 5 minutes of getting in the car to go home:
Ben was so excited to paint his pumpkin when we got home! I was hoping he'd forget about it until tomorrow but no such luck!
And where there's Ben... Maaike isn't too far behind usually! So she was just as ready to paint as he was!

2 comments:

Libby said...

Truly...your family could not be more beautiful! I love these pics! So cute!!

Carol and Peter said...

This might be the BEST posting yet! Great shots and terrific narration! I could feel the straw prickles and smell the critters!
Thanks for sharing this almost New England day!