Well, exactly one week ago we said GOOD BYE to diapers for Maaike! It was both a glorious and very stressful time for the Shaw family. My friend, Michelle, motivated me to start because she read this 3 day potty training e-book and trained her daughter at 22 months (she's Maaike's age). So I decided to give it a shot. We swam in pee for 3 days it seemed... Let's just say, I can't wait to get my carpets professionally cleaned. It's been long overdue anyway... not it's pure necessity! Resolve can only go so far...
Anyway, Maaike and I were at WalMart looking at car potties and the pink one below was the only one she'd accept! I wanted something with a lid that I could close but she kept saying "No thank you" to all but this annoyingly pink frog! So we'll be traveling in style with our pink potty! Anyway, she wanted it in the bathroom... and... has only used it once in the car! She prefers the toilet seat au naturale... which is great because she'll go anywhere!
So as I said, we swam in pee the first 3 days and then the accidents got less and less... yesterday and today were accident free! It's been pretty great! For those of you who remember us potty training Ben, let's just say it was a nightmare I never want to relive. We're very thankful we don't have to relive it yet, at least! So yay to 1. Maaike for a job well done. 2. only one diaper wearing child in the house and 3. M & M's!
She wears her panties well! And yes, we say panties in this house... well... because for some reason that word annoys Dave... and I live to annoy my wonderful husband! :)
On to other random news...
Ben enjoying his first Twinkie!
Yup, this is where we like to hang sometimes!
We went up to Emerald Isle a few weeks ago to see my mom and our good friends, Cindy and Lori. I stole these pictures from Cindy's camera!
Joon Joon just couldn't resist the tie-dye!
I brought Oma and Opa up with us from Wilmington!
Maaike and her "woof woofs"!
Ben took a break from getting dressed to sit on and bother Lori!
Lexi all ready for Halloween!

With tomorrow being Halloween and the next day being Maaike's birthday, we have some more busy days ahead of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment