Friday, March 18, 2011

ICE CREAM TRUCK

A few Saturdays ago, the ice cream truck visited our cul-de-sac! This is the first time since we moved here that it ventured down to us! So the kids were beyond excited to pick something out! It was an experience!



The kids with our neighbors, Cole and Connor. Lexi seems to be saying, "I'm annoyed... where's mine??"

... and she's still not too happy with this situation!

Our breakfast one morning... on a school day... I know, I rock...

(Truth is I did it because Ben pitched a whining fit... I never buy bacon, except on rare occasions when I feel like it. So Dave, seeing the bacon, was very excited to make a breakfast sandwich. Now he usually leaves for work before we're awake or soon after we wake up. Ben was up, saw that Daddy had bacon, saw Daddy leave, and whined for his own bacon. What was I to do? It was a successful morning with a fun breakfast and still being on time to drop Ben off at school!)

Ben requested that I make a face with the bacon...


I had to capture this picture because it was right after we returned home from the library and I was making lunch... they happily looked through their books! I don't go to the library nearly as often as I should so don't let this picture fool you into thinking that! We love books and read often, but trips to the library are whirlwinds of throwing books in a bag, checking out and getting to the car in one, happy piece!

What do kids who live near the beach do when they can't use their toys at the beach?

Dig in muck, put it in their buckets and spread it on my lawn (all while looking stylish in the ugliest helmet ever... safety first!)

Thank you, kiddos!

This past Saturday, our friend Ava, participated in her first horse show! She has spina bifida and she does therapy riding every week. Ben and I were excited to see Ava ride her horse!

Here's Ava with her fan club!

Ben LOVED petting the horses! So I'm hoping this means that when we're in NY at some point, Ben will be brave enough to ride Aunt Suzi and Uncle Neel's horse! Nonetheless, he'll be excited to pet and feed their horse!

Ava did fabulous!

How big is Lexi???

She has this down pat!


3 comments:

Lainie said...

Do you think people hate that you have the most perfect Leave It To Beaver family ?!?

Loved those little breakfast plates! If I ate eggs and bacon I would totally have Cor make those for me on the regular !

Lainie said...

I would just like to take a moment out of my busy day and say that I think your fans should leave more comments which would thereby encourage you to make more posts.

We know that I am not the only one who looks forward to updates of the babes(Dave not included)!

Dave and Melissa said...

We are SO not leave it to beaver... I just post the pictures that make us look good! You know all to well the tantrums and meltdowns we have here (incl. Dave and myfself!) Glad you like our pictures though!