Monday, March 28, 2011

MARCH 20- HALF MARATHON

On March 20, I ran in my first ever race- a half marathon! I trained for 12 weeks and was very prepared for the race. There were 6 of us who trained together for our long runs on Saturday mornings... we even got matching shirts for team unity! 3 girls (Courtney on the left and Carrie and Sarah on the right came to meet us at the starting line at 6 AM! They cheered us on throughout the race as well! What good friends!)
Action shot!

The best cheering section EVER! On the Saturday before the race, I was out getting my race packet and having lunch with the girls while Dave watched the kids. I didn't know that they made this great poster to cheer me on! When I first saw them and the poster, I felt like the luckiest girl to have these 4 cheering me on! Ben and Maaike excitedly held onto the poster while Dave took pictures and held Lexi.

When I first talked with Dave about doing this, I told him that for 12 Saturdays, the mornings would be about me. That's when I'd meet the girls to do our longer runs. He supported me by watching the kids each Saturday. I didn't take his help for granted! So seeing them all cheering me on with my sign warmed my heart even more! ( I know... this sounds cheesy... but it's true!)
Still smiling after the race! I'm not sure of my official time because I haven't looked but Corina's was 2:06 something and we started and finished together...
Ben and Maaike with Anna and Ellie
Carrie, Me, Corina, Courtney- These girls are some of my closest friends down here.
The 4 of us with all but 2 of our kids!

No comments: