Sunday, April 24, 2011

HAPPY EASTER!


Looking back at these pictures, I understand why I feel so tired right now! We had a great Easter! We have been party animals and started celebrating yesterday! We dyed our Easter eggs... our method was a bit unconventional... the kit we had had us put the eggs in plastic bags and swirl the color around that way... I think we'll go back to the traditional method next year but it didn't make much of a mess and we got some pretty eggs!

Lexi just got to watch... apparently that was okay with her!

After naps yesterday, we went to a wonderful Easter service at our church! This is the true meaning of Easter, one that we talk with the kids a lot about. We want them to know that Easter is first and foremost about Christ dying on the cross for our sins and rising again.

We've also enjoyed some other things that Easter brings...

... such as the Easter bunny! Ben came into our room this morning with big eyes saying that the Easter bunny had left baskets. Our Easter bunny wraps the baskets in cellophane, which Dave thinks is weird but I've decided that it's smart because they can't open or go through anything until we're all together!

We have a very practical Easter bunny.... who knows Ben's favorite shorts and brings another pair!
We opened up a lovely package from Nana and Poppy also!
Lexi loved the sound that the gummies made as she squished them all!
Ben got some vegetable seed planters from Nana and Poppy, which we planted today to get ready for our newest venture.... a vegetable garden. Dave made an above ground planter for us last weekend!

All of our flowers/vegetables are in the kitchen sink window... being watched over by our flower child Ben!

Of all the things the Easter bunny brought, the 2 water guns from the $1 store were the hit of the show! Ben and Maaike were outside squirting them for about 45 minutes this morning! I told them to come squirt Lexi at the window and they all enjoyed that!

Then we went got in our Easter attire again and went to our friend's house for an Easter egg hunt and lunch! We had a great time!



Our one family picture... a bit blurry but it will do! I have no pictures of the kids together unfortunately.... what a bummer! Ben's shirt matched the girls' dresses so nicely! Dave was the lone ranger in his attire but we'll still keep him around even if he doesn't want to match the rest of us!

After that party, we went to our good friend, Brett's, parents house for Easter dinner!

We had some more great food and then the kids had another Easter egg hunt! And no, Easter egg hunts never get old for these kids! They had a blast again! There were 8 kids between 10 months and 5 years!




All in all, it was a great day! We had fun with our family and friends! We were also very ready for bedtime tonight!


2 comments:

Lainie said...

I did those tye dye egg bags this year too! They all came our pretty terrible but it was fun because I haven't gotten my easter egg painting on in forever !

Also, just so you are aware, I think I am going to start putting my plants into MY raised bed this weekend. They grew insanely quick !

<3

Carol said...

So glad to see that Ben's finally fitting into his size 5 birthday gift from last year. Can we recycle the card?