Friday, April 29, 2011

PRE AND POST EASTER

I'm doing some picture housekeeping so that we're all caught up!

In the past few weeks, Lexi has been pulling herself up on everything! She is crawling everywhere and pulling herself up, but she hasn't started cruising at all or taken any steps. This is uncharted territory since both Ben and Maaike were walking by now.... and I have to say I don't mind it!

She thinks she's pretty hot stuff...

Just doing a little cooking!

I have to confess that Play-doh is one of my least favorite activities. Maaike got a great ice cream making play-doh machine for her birthday and we're just now pulling it out! The kids were amused for an insanely long time! It was really great. I still haven't become a play-doh lover though...

The day Ben is too cool to follow behind Daddy while mowing the lawn will be a sad day indeed!

The weekend before Easter, Dave took Ben and Maaike to the air show. It wasn't in the original plan for Maaike to go but she insisted she wanted to go with Daddy and Ben (apparently Mommy and Lexi are chopped liver!). We kept saying it would be very loud but Maaike was insistent! So she went...
...and Dave saw some friends from work. One of them had ear plugs for the kids. Maaike was more than happy to have them and she did great!

I'm sure when Daddy bought them popsicles, it was just about the best day ever for Maaike!



Taking a little snooze in the back!

Lewis Farms is open for some strawberry picking! We went the Friday before Easter and had a great time!



Lovin' Lexi's face!

The kids have all had nasty coughs and stuff this week... so we really haven't been to the gym. I exercised with the girls in the stroller and they both fell asleep. I just strolled them right into the living room when we got home and they napped while I showered!

Last but not least...

Ben had field day today at school! It was a beautiful morning to spend together. Last year, he clung to my hands and needed encouragement to do everything. This year, I was free to take pictures while he enjoyed the games! Don't you love the crab shirt he made??

He had some pretty cute cheerleaders!




1 comment:

Lainie said...

lol great pictures

but seriously ... teach Lexi not to do the nose scrunch!

She doesn't even look like a Shaw/Smith with that mug on !!!!

xo xo xo