Our anniversary day evening... spent with our children! Yup, they crashed the party this year! Dave had been away on a church youth group trip from the 13th-17th and then worked a very full day on the 18th. That week, the only night we didn't have something going on was the 19th. So we very happily decided to include the kids in on our happy day!
We went out to dinner and then down to Carolina Beach, which has a red-neck carnival thing going on during the summer! It was just perfect for us! Ben, of course, wanted to go on all the rides and it was fun to see his enthusiasm.
Here's Dave and I 8 years later...
And the red neck carnival rides... Not that I'm dissing it or anything... we had a great time!
Lexi's position the whole night... poor thing was stuck in the stroller. But she's a royal pain right now, people! She just wants to walk everywhere and doesn't stay with us and all that fun stuff! Thankfully she's also happy (for a certain amount of time) hanging out in the stroller!
Ben and I rode this one and right before we started, he was a little skeptical...
...as you can see in his expression! But after the first time we went up and down, his smile was bigger than his whole face. He LOVED it!
I was determined that Maaike was going on the carousel. If anyone remembers, last September, I took her on the carousel at Myrtle and she cried the whole time....
Look how much our little girl has grown up!

We ended our anniversary evening with cotton candy... (I love Lexi eyeing his bag!)

...and ice cream!
We've had a GREAT 8 years together and are looking forward to what the next 8 will bring!
2 comments:
PLEASE tell me my moo picked the zebra all by herself !
I feel a zebra theme bedroom coming up!
YES!! I forgot to write that in the post! Dave asked her which animal she wanted and she said a zebra without a second thought!
Post a Comment