As you can see, he was pretty excited to go to school!
I love his expression!

First things first, always wash your hands!

He was golden when he saw the big box of legos!

While Ben's in school 5 hours a day, I have 2 little girls to entertain! It's been so nice that the weather is cooling down and we are not dripping with sweat the moment we leave the house! So we had a blast at the park. Lexi hasn't been to this park since she's become so mobile and she LOVED it.

So our first short week of school.... how did it go?
GREAT!
Ben's been so excited to go that getting ready has been hectic but fine. He loves his teacher and his new friends and we couldn't be happier. Ben's going to a transitional kindergarten that's run at a church and we have to drive 30 minutes each way. It's only 10 miles away but it's through town. Unfortunately, when I was looking at different schools I fell in love with the one that's the furthest away. But she's a certified teacher and her classroom is very structured, which Ben needs. Since Ben is a July birthday and the cutoff down here is in August, Summer birthday kids either start Kindergarten young or are held an extra year. In his class, there are 3 girls and 12 boys! This class does cater to the younger kids who will probably do kindergarten another year. So it will be an exciting year!
Dave and I went to the Open House this past Tuesday and I felt like such a dork as I got goosebumps and all emotional as she talked about all he'll be learning and doing. As a teacher, I've always been on the other side, so it was neat to be the parent this time.
Ben has come home and played teacher with me and is telling me all the classroom rules, which has been so cool! He's definitely loving it!
2 comments:
I got goosebumps reading about this! (cheesy, I know!) Look how grown up your lil man is! Love the photos...especially the one of Maaike's arm around him! Bet she wants to go too! Hug the gang for me.
My lil babies are getting so old! Love them muchly!!
Post a Comment