Monday, September 05, 2011

HIBACHI AND DRESS-UP!

We celebrated Oma's 89th birthday at a Hibachi restaurant and it was a great evening! Here's Mom with her parents!

Maaike ready for the cooking to begin! She and Ben loved their chopsticks.

A big reason for a fun night?

Watching Ben! He's never been to a hibachi restaurant and we didn't really tell him what to expect so his reaction was the best! He started off with a nervous laugh because he was just so surprised!

My favorite picture from the night! Pure. Joy.

We got hibachi dinners but Opa enjoyed a huge plate of sashimi and Oma got some tempura something or other... They enjoyed their meals a lot!

Lexi wasn't too impressed with the cooking show but she enjoyed the food!

Mom decided to wear her night vision apparatus! (I hope some of you really look at this picture and crack up because I'm writing this with tears in my eyes from laughing...)

Back to Ben... still loving the show!

Our chef stacked the onion into a volcano, squirted something in it (sake maybe?) and...

...lit a flame!

Where's Ben? Yup, he ducked under the table so fast!

Mom convinced him that it was safe to stand back up!



(night vision apparatus back on)

And we've also been doing some dress-up in these parts!

Dave got a movie for the kids today because Maaike came down with a fever last night and has had it most of the day... so I put Lexi with them for picture's sake... Then she was off the couch and on to different things.... movie shmovie she says...



2 comments:

Lainie said...

Seriously this picture set could not have made me happier lol. LOVE mom's head gear / LOVE Oma's faces / LOVE happy Ben, Maaike, and Lexi.

I am going to go get prego just so I can start a blog like this !

Libby said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa! Hilarious...so cute. I love the dress up pics too! I know another little girl that would LOVE to dress up with your girlies. :-) Miss you guys!