Before we get to Dave's race, here are some random pictures!
Lexi, our littlest chick!
We went to Mom's house last weekend and woke up to this view! It's beautiful!
She has these great ledges along the windows and the girls enjoyed the view from them!
Ben loved looking through Mom's telescope!
Mom put curlers in Maaike's hair to see if she would wear them and if they would curl her hair... (we have to practice for Aunt Lainie's wedding in June!) ...anyway, she leaned back and I snapped the picture at just the right time to catch a full moon!
On to other important news:
Dave completed his first half marathon last Sunday! A year ago, when I ran in this half marathon, I never would have thought in a million years that my husband would run it the following year! Of course, he had a show me up and run an 8 minute mile! He ran most of it with his friend, Brett and they were both so happy with their race times! Considering that Dave has been exercising consistently for less than a year, he has a lot to be proud of!
Caroline and Scott... I don't know what I would have done without this backpack carrier! It was a lifesaver! I would have strung her or myself up by our toenails if I would have had to chase her everywhere! I lost more than a few strands of hair but it was worth the sacrifice! Lexi was a trooper for hanging out on me for a good part of the early morning.
Lexi and I with Carrie and Asheley. Asheley (my marathon partner) and I were just spectators this time! Her husband ran the full marathon. Carrie was a big cheerleader for a bunch of girls we knew who ran the half marathon! She would show up while they did their long runs on Saturdays with water, treats, and lots of encouragement!
At this point, Dave had about 2 miles left to go...
...about 100 yards away from the finish! He felt great the whole time (and looked pretty spectacular might I just add)!
The only after picture I have of Dave! He went into the food tent for the kids and he was yet again their hero! This was also the first time I let Lexi out of the backpack carrier and she was double fisting food into her mouth. She was so hungry! Plus, there was no way she was getting back into that carrier!
So I was a pretty proud wife that day and the kids loved cheering their Daddy on!





No comments:
Post a Comment