We were getting ready to go to church 2 Sunday's ago and Lexi came to the car with an addition to her wardrobe... Dave's Michigan football hat! She enjoys wearing it around the house (and it's usually this same hat- a true Michigan fan!) but apparently she thought it went well with her outfit!
Ben had an Easter parade and picnic this past Friday that his family was invited to. Dave was able to come over from work and join us!
At the picnic, we celebrated one of the boys birthday's in Ben's class. The girls looked on sadly as Ben ate his cupcake. But...
...there were plenty for the little siblings, too!
We started off Ben's break with Daddy taking Ben and Maaike to see Veggie Tales live on Saturday! There are no pictures because Dave's phone lost its charge and we couldn't find the lens cap for him to take the camera. (Side note: We found it that night on the floor next to Dave's side of the bed... hmmm.... that screams Lexi to me!)
Then yesterday, much to Dave's dismay I'm sure, he got the afternoon and evening "off." :)
I packed up the kids and headed to Mom's for a few days! Why not enjoy a little beach vacation whenever we possibly can?! We've had a great time so far! We've gone bike riding, shopping for a new bathing suit for Maaike (you'll see why shortly), and when the girls are done napping we're going to the aquarium!
Of course, we've also been to the beach a few times! Here are some pictures from yesterday!
Lexi loved having her feet buried in the sand!
Joon-Joon made Maaike into a mermaid and she thought that was the coolest thing! Maaike's bathingsuit is so cute, right? Aunt Laurelyn gave this to Maaike for Christmas! I even exchanged it for a 5T as the 4T looked a little too short...
Ben's "Great Wall of Sand."
Lexi tried to make a few mad dashes for the stairs before Mom or I had to go get her and bring her back! At that point, she was signaling that she was over being there!
Now you can see why we had to get Maaike a new bathingsuit! The 5T didn't even cut it! The poor girl had the biggest wedgie ever! The nice thing about having a younger sister is I can just save it for Lexi to wear. We went to Wings to get Maaike a new suit today and I bought her a size 5 and she has room to grow. So I think the 5T was definitely not a 5T!! So Aunt Laurelyn, you'll be seeing this bathing suit make a reappearance on Lexi next year probably!
Anywho, the older kiddos had a great time splashing around in the not-so-warm ocean! Lexi didn't want anything to do with the ocean. Can I just say I am really ok with that?! One less kid to worry about in the water for now!
Happy despite the wedgie!
Back home... a much happier Lexi!
Joon Joon made delicious banana cream pudding for dessert and she told the kids they could have it for dessert after each meal today so she could get rid of it! Of course, Ben promptly remembered to ask for it after breakfast!
This was taken after lunch today! We had a full morning of biking, shopping and beaching. Lexi was a lot more content this morning at the beach but she was fading quickly during lunch...
2 comments:
lol awesome post. I can't stand how much I love those lil chickadees!
I am SO confused by Lexi's pant legs in the first pic. Does she only have a left leg on ?
Ha ha! I actually thought about explaining the leg situation but didn't think it was worthy of discussion!! Guess I was wrong... she was just twisted all sorts of funny ways but yes, she does have two pant legs but one was hiked up under her dress!
Post a Comment