Sunday, April 15, 2012

DADDY AND AZALEA FESTIVAL

Maaike happily came out of our room a few days ago dressed like this and saying, "I'm Daddy!  I'm ready to go to work."

I'm not quite sure if Dave would still have a job if he showed up to work like this!  But she sure makes it look good.

So the camera and I followed Maaike into our room where the girls just giggled as they put on our clothes.  I just want to bottle up their little friendship right now because it is so precious.


Now to the Azalea Festival...  Maaike's dance studio has their students perform each year.  Unfortunately, Maaike's dance time was at 3:30 today... which means we had to wake her up at 2:30 to get downtown and ready to go.  Those of you who know our sweet little Maaike, know that she can be a grouchy bear when she wakes up from her nap!  Well, just in case you're wondering how she woke up, you can see for yourself...


I didn't get many good pictures of our little elephant but here are a few.  She has her "for real" recital in June, so I'll get better pictures then!

She didn't really smile during her performance but she did great!  I was happy to see her grouchiness disappear!



We stayed for a bit and the kids played on some bouncy things...


...and we shared a funnel cake!






Way to go, Maaike!  

2 comments:

Lainie said...

Prettiest elephant EVER !!

Who Do You Think said...

It's been a month ... new pics!