Saturday, April 06, 2013

QUINTILES HALF MARATHON

On Sunday, March 17, Dave, Scott and I were out the door at 5:15 AM!  Caroline and her brood of 7 came to cheer us on as we ran!  It was so great to see their faces as we passed by!  Enjoy her pictures of race day!

We'll start with the interesting runner who juggled the entire half marathon!!!!

Eating breakfast....

...they made a great sign to cheer us on!

Lexi thought this was so fun...

...but apparently she was over it when Ben copied her! 

Running by our cheering section!



Shane (Dave trained with Shane for most of the long runs and some short runs after work.  It came in handy that they worked at the same place!), Dave, Scott and I

My training buddy, Kristine.  We ran our long runs together on the weekends.  We really got to know each other a lot better and I looked forward to my weekly chats with her!

Had to get a picture with Lexi and her appropriately worded shirt :)  I shamelessly picked it out for her to wear on race day!

We went to the beach in the afternoon and Lexi was super excited to have her bathing suit on.  She lasted maybe 3 minutes before her lips were purple because IT. WAS. CHILLY.

So we put her layers back on and Bekah collected some seashells with them... I think... or they did something fun with a bucket and a rake.

Lexi happily busied herself playing in the sand.

The majority of us played bocce ball while we tried jumping around to stay warm! 



We had a yummy dinner out and then went home knowing our visit together was sadly coming to an end.  By 7:30 the next morning, the Roberts were on the road, Dave was at work, and I was dropping Ben off at school.  We have a lot of memories to look back on and enjoyed every minute of their visit!

No comments: