skip to main |
skip to sidebar
HARDER THAN IT LOOKS . . .
Well another big step for Benjamin today. He drank from a bottle for the first time! It went pretty well for Ben, but was hard for Mom to watch. Already she's developed that connection through nursing and I think that it was hard for her to see that he was getting fed in a different way (even though it was still her milk). It caught both of us by surprise. I was quick to point out that she would still be quite needed no matter how Ben eats as she's still the producer of food, chief diaper changer, cuddler, teacher, dresser, holder, and over all perfect Mom for our son!

Today I was struck again with the wonder of all this. Ben was just laying quietly in my arms staring in my general direction. I think he's starting to focus and maybe the earliest recognition of sound is starting. It was about that time he yawned and gently drifted off to sleep. Comfortable. Content. Safe. Loved. What a joy this boy has brought to Melissa and I, but what a greater joy it is to be safe, contented , and loved in our Father's arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment