Friday, November 07, 2008

NEW ROOM

We didn't paint the nursery before the baby was born because I wanted to wait and find out if we were having a boy or girl. When Lainie came down, she asked if she could paint the baby's room. I couldn't have been happier because we had just painted the new room and bathroom upstairs and I was sick of paintbrushes! So she brought over swatches for colors, we picked it out, and then she asked if she and Mom could have free reign as far as painting the room went. Again, we said sure! So while Maaike and I were in the hospital, Mom and Lainie painted their hearts out and kept the room under lock and key until we arrived home! It's not finished yet (curtains need to be sewn and we need furnish it once Ben's furniture comes) but here's what it looks like so far! We LOVE it!
Again, Ben is sharing his toys!

Maaike's first bath experience at home...
We love all the hands in this picture! How many people does it take to wash a newborn?!




Out of the bath and quite relieved!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are the BEST!! Great paint job and so girlie. These are the first with Maaike's eyes open.... I guess that bath did that!!
Thanks for keeping us updated!!

Anonymous said...

wow you must have the most amazing photographer ever ... i don't know who she/he is but they are nothing short of amazing. i am sure they are also just a fantastic person in general. they probably dance like a champ and have hair that can only cause newborns to have serious envy.

:-)

Unknown said...

Melissa, I love the room! Your mom and Lainie are awesome! They did a great job!!!

Ally said...

Dave, love the NY Giants T...your daughter is precious!

Dave and Melissa said...

For the record, the NY giants shirt is on Melissa! I still cheer for the lovable losers, the Browns!