Well this morning (11/1/08), Melissa and I welcomed Maaike Lauren Shaw to our family! She was born at 8:16am weighing 8 lbs 3 oz and is 21 inches long. She checked out great with the pediatrician and in short is perfect! For those of you wondering where the name came from, let me give you a bit of backround. Maaike (pronounced like "Micah") is a dutch name which Melissa fell in love with a long while ago and wanted to name her daughter if she was ever given the chance. Lauren is after my dad, Lawrence, and continues with our theme of family names for middle names. Melissa did GREAT! She's feeling well and as you'll see in the following pics, looked pretty good after the deliver. She's tired, but recovering well. Enjoy the pics and I'll try to post more over the next few days!
BEN WAS VERY HAPPY TO SEE HIS MOMMY THIS AFTERNOON
HE WASN'T TOO SURE ABOUT MAAIKE THOUGH

SLEEPING PEACEFULLY AT THE END OF A LONG DAY
9 comments:
She is gorgeous! We are so happy to have this lovely little addition to our family, and to be able to shop for pink!!
Much love to you all!Great job, Melissa!!
Congratulations on a GIRL!! (I bet pink is fun...) She is beautiful, for sure. Laurelyn is beside herself, and her joy is contagious.
Congratulations, from Colorado!
Yeah! A Girlie GIRL!! Praising God for His answers to prayers of a healthy baby and mommy. Praying for you all in this adjustment time. We can't wait to meet this chica!!
Love you guys,
Libby and Todd
P.S. I LOVE the name!!
Congratulations! She is beautiful!
YAY! Congratulations. She is beautiful.
What a beautiful little blessing!!! Such a beautiful name too! Congratulations to all three of you on your new addition.
Congratulations!
She is so adorable.
I love her name, too!
Congratulations! She is beautiful! I remember you always loving that name, Melissa! :)
Enjoy the newest member of your family! Everyone looks wonderful!
Congratulations on the newest addition to the Shaw family. Laurelyn is spreading the joy she has as an aunt for the second time around. Bring on the pink!
Carolyn
Post a Comment