Saturday, May 23, 2009

NO VISIT IS COMPLETE...

...without painting a room with Lainie! When she was down for Maaike's birth in November, she and my mom painted her bedroom. This time, after talking about doing it all week, we gave Ben's room a much needed facelift yesterday. I'm embarrassed to put before pictures up because his room was pretty bare and boring (with the exception of the paper mache of a kid on a surfboard from his cousin, Caleb)! But I will put my pride aside and post the before pictures!
Here's my long excuse as to why I didn't paint Ben's room when he got his big boy furniture in September... Well, I was pretty pregnant when we moved him and didn't want to be around the paint fumes. That belief went out the window when we were finishing the bedroom and bathroom upstairs just before Maaike's birth because I just wanted to get it done! So I did edge upstairs and keep it well ventilated and Dave did most of the rolling. Pretty much since then I've been not wanting to touch a paintbrush!
So thank you, Lainie, for motivating me to get Ben's room together!
Before:


After:




This room is not completely finished yet. I need to get a lamp and Lainie is going to make some vehicle drawings for me to frame and put up on the wall. And Caleb, your sculpture is still displayed on Ben's dresser... it just didn't show up in the picture! (Do you even remember making it?!)

3 comments:

Carol said...

WOW! What a great job!! Ben must be thrilled with his new digs!! You girls are quite a team!

Dana said...

The room looks great!

Libby said...

So...can I borrow you gals for my kid's rooms too? Looks awesome!! Turned out so well.