Monday, February 01, 2010

AUNT LAURELYN

Pre-Aunt Laurelyn's visit, the kids had some fun with Dave's hats!


...and a box! Of course, these are the fun toys!
Maaike is finally getting over her first ear infection-treated-with-antibiotics sickness! She was miserable last week. But no matter how poorly she felt, she was still mindful of fashion. She has a thing for shoes! So even though she's in a nice comfy sweatsuit, she wanted her pretty shoes on as well!
So this past weekend, Laurelyn came to visit us! She offered to watch the kids for us one night and Dave and I were able to go out together! Thanks Laurelyn!
She also made a yummy dessert! They decorated their cookie cutter shaped cakes with whipped cream and M&M's.... a big hit with the kids!


Before she left today, we went to a place called Fit For Fun. There are many different toys for the kids to play with, a snack to eat, crafts to make and an outdoor part, which was closed. The kids really enjoyed themselves!
Maaike playing dress up!

Ben filling up one of his trucks.

Ben taking Maaike on her first firetruck ride!


Maaike "painting". Well, not really... right after this, she put her hands in the paint and then right into her mouth. So paint time was over quickly!

They both loved playing with the water table also!

Maaike getting some Aunt Laurelyn love before she left.


The kids had a blast with their Aunt!

2 comments:

Catching Up With The Conways said...

VOMIT !!! I just clicked on the pic of Maaike riding her lil car to make my background. Once I made it big it was SNOT city. TISSUES !!!!!!!

Dave and Melissa said...

Oh my goodness... really weird... In the post, I started to type for you to make it big and really enjoy your niece (meaning the snot everywhere). But then I decided you'd figure it out yourself and I wouldn't bring attention to it for the other people who wouldn't make it big! So funny! I wipe her nose 1,000 times a day and the second I'm done, more is dripping...