Friday, July 22, 2011

JULY 10- BEN TURNS 5!!!!!

We have a 5 year old in the house!!! (And I will say, so far, it is not easier than 4 or 3 or 2...) Anyway, the week before Ben's birthday, we had some sick kiddos! Ben had swimmer's ear (outer ear) and middle ear infection, Lexi needed nebulizer treatments for her bronchitis and antibiotics for her ear infection, and Maaike got away with just one day with a fever. It was quite the week. I had planned to have a few friends over to celebrate Ben's birthday on Friday, and most of them still came! By Friday, the kids were antibiotic'd up and my friends were really okay with it! I was horrible with the pictures but it was just a disjointed day. Ben wanted Spiderman stuff so I got balloons, made a birthday poster for him, decorated with streamers and had goody bags...none of which are in the pictures... oh well! I also ordered a web cookie cake to which Ben informed me that it really wasn't a Spiderman cake because Spiderman wasn't on it! Mommy fails again... But he had fun!

Yup, that was it... 2 pictures... Mommy fails again x2!!

On Sunday the 10th, we went as a family to Chuck E. Cheese. That's all Ben wanted to do. This was our first time there and Ben was pretty into it! He had a great time playing and Maaike amused herself pretty well, also!





After we played for awhile and had dinner, we went home and had another birthday cake with my mom and Oma and Opa!




Again, not great with the pictures but you get the idea!

That night, Ben asked us if he was 5 yet and we told him yes! Then he looked down at himself and looked back up at us and said, "No, I'm not, I'm still 4!" Apparently his transformation from 4 to 5 wasn't visible to him! We got a good laugh out of it!


No comments: