Tuesday, November 01, 2011

MAAIKE IS 3!

What does our 3 year old want for her birthday dinner?  Hot dogs and macaroni and cheese!  She ate it all up and her veggies of course!

Daddy was pretty jealous about Maaike's stylish new wig from Joon Joon!

Maaike used force to pry it off his head and put it rightfully on her own!

She looks a bit possessed in this picture and Ben decided that the evening was really all about making funny faces for the camera!

Operation: Age 3- Get Maaike to break the sucking/twirling habit...  all I have to say is yikes.

We opened presents throughout the day... We opened them before lunch with Joon Joon, Oma and Opa... before dinner with Aunt Libby and Emma on skype.... after dinner with our family.... and with Nana and Poppy on skype!  Maaike was one happy lady today!

One of the 2 games she got today... she loves playing games and is happy to have some of her own instead of going into Ben's closet all the time!

I think Cindy and Lori may have been the bearers of her favorite present... the zebra purse!

Yup... no denying it when you look at this picture!

Our neighbors Connor and Cole came over to sing Happy Birthday to Maaike and enjoy her brownie cake and ice cream!

Trader Joe's brownie mix = Great birthday cake choice!


Ben was happy, too!

Lexi was in heaven with her very own piece!   Usually Dave and I give her little pieces of ours but when I set that plate in front of her, she went to town!

Love...


Our last skype conversation was with Nana and Poppy and Maaike was excited to put on her new things!  You can never be too safe when attempting intricate dance moves!

We are so proud of our little princess!  She's a sweet, fun-loving, happy little girl and I love being her Mommy.  With the exception of breaking her of her suck/twirl habit, I'm looking forward to life with a 3 year old sweetheart!

No comments: