Thursday, October 11, 2012

DAVE IS 35!

The day before his birthday, we prepared his birthday banner!

The close ups are priceless!

Ben drew Daddy cheering for Michigan!

Apparently, this is what Daddy does when he goes to work!  According to Ben, he helps people who are bleeding.  According to Dave and I, Dave is a mad massacre man splitting people open! He also has some crazy teeth!

Maaike drew Daddy... with beautiful pink hair and earrings!

Ben decided to get sick Tuesday evening so he spent the day home yesterday (and today still).  He has a croupy cough and low grade fever... When Dave got home last night, he was fooling around with Ben a little and Ben's voice got more hoarse and his breathing even more labored from being excited!  Also, Dave hasn't been feeling good since Monday so I was sort of figuring it would be a low key birthday anyway.  (So we are having a little date night on Friday!)  I had plans to meet Dave downtown after work with the kids but had to scratch that.  I went out Tuesday night to get some groceries just in case we'd be staying in.  Dave's more of a pie person than a cake person, so I made him an apple blueberry birthday pie!  

 Ben doing a little reading while I cleaned up from dinner.

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

This is what happens when we're home all day and there are 3 kids to entertain and dinner and dessert to make! 

We did a lot of painting...  The kids did a lot of drawing and cutting out...  I didn't even stage all the cabinet doors... It just happens naturally!  Dave has to comment on it every time with a laugh and I was thrilled to see that they're all open in this picture.  It's just how I roll when I'm busy in the kitchen.

This is only one room in the house... it was a hot mess here at Blockade Ct. yesterday.  

All in all, it was a good October 10!

No comments: