Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Camping with Ben and Friends


Ben and I joined my friend Doug and his boys Carter and Braddock for an overnight camping trip.  We headed about 40 miles up the road to a friend's property with a small lake on it and set up camp.  It was a ton of fun and we'll definitely do it again!




Ben figuring out what all the stuff in the van was for.



Here's our camp site.  Melissa had found a great deal on a large 8 person tent so we decided to get it about 6 months ago.  It finally was set up.  It was HUGE!  So Doug and his boys stayed nice and warm huddled into the smaller tent and Ben and I tried not to wander from one zip code to another inside the tent!


It took Ben about 25 minutes to slip down a muddy embankment and get camp ready


There was a canoe and two kayaks to use but only kayak paddles so we made good use of them





Ben had a great time fishing with his buddy Braddock even though he caught nothing and Braddock caught two fish


As it got dark we started up the camp fire for hotdogs and marshmallows (and warmth of course!)






I had Doug take at least one picture of me that morning to prove I was actually there.  It was a cool calm morning.  Beautiful way to start the day.




Braddock and his first bass of the morning.  (This was shortly before the canoe was tipped over trying to beach it and Doug had a rude awakening and so did the phone in his pocket!)

The boys and their dads.  We had a great time.  I hope its the beginning of a regular routine!

2 comments:

Lainie said...

1. Love Ben's Holland shirt.
2. Glad to see our paddle boating incident didn't give him an insane fear of water activities!

Dave and Melissa said...

Ha ha! When we see paddle boats (which is rare but I know it's happened since the incident) he says he will NOT be going on that! I wonder how long he'll remember that :)