Well, I have to say that this was my favorite Halloween yet! When Ben said he wanted to be a rock star, I wasn't too excited about having to be "creative." I liked the idea of them all being rock stars and once I started getting ideas together, I was excited for their costumes!
First, we had to carve our pumpkins. Since we were in Hilton Head the weekend before and the beginning of the week is crazy for Dave, we had to divide and conquer the carving duties! So one afternoon, I cleaned out the pumpkins with the kids. They are not big fans of pumpkin insides as you will see from the spoons they are using!
(We were also practicing Ben's hairdo for Halloween!)
On Tuesday, October 30, we went trick-or-treating at my Grandmother's place. They invited all kids to go for an hour so we couldn't pass up the opportunity to brighten up the elderly folks' day!
Last minute makeup for Maaike before we went in...
Trick Or Treat!
For whatever reason, my grandmother dressed up too!!!!
This is one of my favorite pictures of my grandmother with her grandkids! She loves these kiddos and Lexi's the best right now at giving her great hugs!
Trick-or-treating in a maze of walkers.... fun times!
They looked like they were being tortured....
We got a fun Halloween box from Aunt Suzi and Uncle Neel!
Maaike and Lexi had to wear french braids for 2 straight days and nights to get the crimped/curly affect! They were troopers!
Halloween night!
I told the kids to give me rock star poses and Cole (our neighbor) to give me an Ironman pose. Cole said, "What's an Ironman pose?" This was apparently his best effort at an Ironman pose!!!
The kids picked their pumpkin pictures and Dave carved them one night. Here they are... an angry bird, a cat, and a ghost.
Getting glow sticks to wear before venturing off to trick-or-treat.
Maaike's hair..
It was a great Halloween experience and the kids had such a fun time going out!








No comments:
Post a Comment