On November 1st, our sweet firstborn girl turned 4! It's hard to believe that she has been with us for 4 years already! She brings such joy to our hearts and is such a sweet, kindhearted little girl. It was fun celebrating her! We started off our morning with some open gym play with some friends!
She was so excited for Dave to get home from work that night so the festivities could begin! After dinner, she ran to open her presents. Although she looks a bit drugged here, she was super excited to get a barbie with a horse from my mom along with a monkey hat, of course!
She loves playing with Ben's legos and was super happy to get her very own box in pink!
Nana was able to join us from the comforts of her own house in Ohio.. can you see her on the computer in the background? It was fun for her to take part in the celebration!
JoonJoon and Oma came over to celebrate Maaike, too!
I made her a kit kat cake! I have to give some credit to Lainie, who made this for her in-laws and said it was fun and not too hard to eat. All I'll say is that snack size kit kats (since we had them from Halloween) are much shorter than regular size kit kats. Unfortunately, this thought didn't cross my mind until I put the first kit kat up against the cake and realized it was much shorter than the cake itself! So with some cutting, re-icing, flipping and not so kind thoughts towards Lainie (yup, I blamed her even though it was my fault for not thinking about the kit kat size difference!), I ended up with a good looking cake!
We are classy here in the Shaw household... get some M&M's kiddos!... and Oma apparently :)
She just dug right in and we had a good laugh!
And even grabbed the kids hands so she could get in there!
Hi Nana! I wish we could have shared the yummy cake with you but it was great to have you join us in celebrating Maaike!!


1 comment:
Who would not think that the fun size kit kats would be too short ?!?!? I didn't realize my smart wonderful sister needed the most obvious things in life explained to her!
Post a Comment