We enjoyed 5 inches of snow this past Monday in Wilmington! Within minutes of us getting up, the snow began to fall and we enjoyed watching it while playing games after breakfast. Of course, kids only enjoy watching the snow inside for so long. Before I knew it, we were putting on our winter clothes to go play outside. Since it was a Monday, Dave was at work so I was on my own. Lexi was asleep when we first got outside but within 10 minutes, I heard her crying through the monitor. Ugh... being outside with an almost 8 month old = not too much fun for Mommy... So I went inside, got her dressed, put her in the bjorn, and carried her around with me.
But how could I let these 2 sweetie pies down...
So Lexi and I just hung out together.
After being outside for awhile, we came in and had some hot chocolate. I use the word hot very loosely seeing as they are drinking it with straws! The didn't care... the fact that they were having chocolate in the morning was pretty fun for them!
And then what do you do when you're done with hot chocolate and they've watched one TV show? You go out again...
Here we go Lexi...

Maaike was so content outside! I thought she'd get cold quickly and I'd be forced to either pull Ben inside or make Maaike stay outside but that wasn't the case! She was happy the whole time and wasn't ready to come in until Ben was ready.

The girls...
What we use in the South when we have no sleds... boogie boards! Didn't work well at all but Ben kept trying and had fun!
Lexi was apparently pretty comfy and cozy strapped to Mommy!


2 comments:
Melissa, you are an awesome Mommy! How fun!
<3 the pictures as always although Cor is pretty upset about the Giants hoodie that Maaike is rocking! xo xo
Post a Comment