Sunday, July 22, 2012

BEN TURNS 6!

We celebrated Ben's 6th birthday on July 10th!  He was super excited to get a skateboard (with all the protection gear of course!)

He was also pretty excited about his nerf gun from Aunt Lois and Uncle Hubie!  

A certain Cindy and Lori gave Ben a spiderman web shooter thingy that shot out silly string.  He put it together and started shooting it in the house... on the ceiling and such... and the laugh that came from that boy was nothing short of sheer excitement!  When he thinks things are just so cool, he has this very distinctive laugh that I just adore.  Well, the silly string evoked that laugh.  I quickly sent him outside and told him not to mess up the playground.... and a second later (maybe not a second but no more than 30 seconds) I looked out to see this.  Just a side note, it rained that evening and do you know that silly string doesn't just disintegrate?  Of course, as annoyed as I was (he claims he didn't hear me say not to get the playground), I had to run and get the camera because I thought it would be a great blog picture.  And now, I do chuckle when I think about it :)  Why would he want to just put silly sting on the boring grass when the playground is clearly more exciting?!

Where do you want to go for birthday dinner, Ben?

Nikki's!  We pretty much knew what he answer would be!  He loves hibachi!

Joon Joon and Oma joined us also and we had a great dinner!

Enjoying some sushi!



Trying out his skateboard!

The weekend of the 14th, we were heading over to Charlotte to celebrate Dave's dad's 70th and to meet the newest member of our family, Grant!  So the kids painted a birthday sign for Poppy before we left!




Deep boy conversations... 

Sisters...

No comments: