But just an aside before I get to the birthday party... these are things we do at home when it's too hot to go outside! They also demonstrated their flexibility to my Grandmother today, and I have to say she was quite impressed! She even asked if I could do that! Ummmmm.... no!
We had Ben's birthday party this year at the Ice House! It's hard to have an outside birthday party in July so we went to the opposite extreme! Ben went to the Ice Rink with Dave a few months ago and he had a really great time so it was a perfect plan!
Ben had a blast! And Daddy didn't look so bad himself!
They had these 'skate sleds' for rent so we got a few for our birthday group. Maaike was sooooo excited to skate and when she started off, Dave needed to hold on to her the whole time to help keep her up. By the end of our time, she was skating with her sled all by herself!
Some friends who came...
Braddock and Matton is in the background. These are 2 of Ben's closest buddies!
Anna
I didn't get a good picture of Ben smiling but trust me... HE HAD A BLAST!
It was so fun because a lot of the kids had never skated before. For example, Matton was clearly miserable for the first 30 minutes or so... but once he got more comfortable, he loved it! Our neighbor, Cole, went on the ice for 5 seconds and promptly came back off... He then spent the next hour or so happily playing games on his Dad's phone. Well, next thing I know, he grabs his skate sled and announces that he'll try again... after that, he didn't want to get off the ice!
Carter and Doug
Maaike all on her own!
A little pizza before the cake!
I know I made this cake when he turned 4 but he loved it! I wanted to keep with the cold theme so an ice cream cake was the way to go. When I mentioned an ice cream cake to Ben he said, "Can I have the one with cookies all around?" How could I say no?!
We're pretty crazy about our sweet, spunky, energetic 6 year old! (On Tuesday!)
We had my neighbor babysit a sleeping Lexi during most of the party but I went home and got her for the party room time. I knew she wouldn't want to miss the cake! Behind her is Matton's younger brother, Miles.














4 comments:
So sad I don't live in NY! Would have loved to go to big man's b-day party! Glad you guys had a blast :-)
I mean NC ... I do live in NY lol.
VERY cool!;0)) Can't believe he's 6!
Nana can't wait to see my 6 yr old grandson this next weekend. As of the 10th of July I will have a 6 yr old and a 6 day old grandson. Bookends! Great pictures of the party.
Post a Comment