Saturday, September 12, 2009

FIRST SOCCER GAME

Ben all ready to play his first game! He's had 4 practices before today, which have been a HUGE blessing. Ben used to fight putting on his shin guards and cleats and participating in practices. Each week got a little better and easier and today, when it came time to get in his uniform and go over to the field, he was a very compliant and agreeable little boy! He also had some idea about what to expect because of the practices.
2/3 of his cheering section!


The coach blows the whistle and it's a mad dash to be the first to get the ball and score a goal!


I love this picture of Ben running with his tongue sticking out!



Waiting for the coach to blow the whistle. Ben's looks pretty psyched to run out the get the ball, huh?! When the whistle blew though, Ben would get right up and start running!





Go, Ben!


The kids running under the "tunnel"!

The snacks at the end of the game are just as important as the game itself! Ben was so excited to get a lollipop!




Great job, Ben!



4 comments:

Libby said...

Go Ben! Score buddy, Score!
Love the photos...I can feel the excitement!! I always thought the snacks at the end of the game were just as important too. :-)

P and C said...

It's hard to say which is my favorite blog post... but this might be it for now! What a champ Ben is!! We'd love to be on the sidelines of this phase!! Love you guys.

Unknown said...

Good for you Ben! Hopefully I'll be able to watch you play when I'm down there in October. Meanwhile the pics are the next best thing. Love you all.

Unknown said...

I love the soccer pics! Ben looks happy to be playing and mom and dad look happy too! How fun!!