Maaike is definitely showing us more and more of her personality and preferences these days!
Maaike LOVES Ben's toys! If he takes things out of her hands now, you'll hear her protest instantly! She's not too keen on her brother pulling things away from her... or trying to move her away from things... or tattling on her when she puts anything (even if it's one of her toys) in her mouth! My day is pretty much spent getting a play-by-play from Ben as to what exactly Maaike is doing...
"Mom, Maaike's putting that in her mouth."
"Mom, Maaike's playing with my _________."
"Mom, I don't want Maaike touching my ________."
"Mom, Maaike likes that!" (Usually referring to food of some sort)
"Mom, Maaike's crying."
"Mom, Maaike likes playing with my ____." (Sometimes he will share his toys willingly!)
You get me point!
Maaike does not like loud noises. She's scared when animals bark, when toys she's unfamiliar with are loud or the vacuum if it's too close.
Maaike's been scared of dogs lately. I'm hoping this passes soon... we'll see as she'll see my mom's dog in a few weeks. But they've been freaking her out lately.

Maaike's has 7 1/2 (I just noticed it starting to pop through today!) teeth! Maybe you can see some of them in this next picture!
Maaike still loves sucking her thumb!
Maaike loves to eat! She hasn't met a food she doesn't like yet! Well, she wasn't loving avacado yesterday so I mixed it with a little applesauce and she gobbled it down! Maaike loves any fruit or veggies I've given her so far, yogurt, cheese, bread, crackers, little pieces of meat.... pretty much whatever. Ben was so picky, so we're loving her love for a variety of foods!


Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday she looked like this on her horsey...
No comments:
Post a Comment