While in the bath one night this week, Dave did this to Maaike...
Well, if you ask me, when you see these next pictures, she just might be a little devil soon enough!
Now, when Ben was walking at 10 1/2 months, we thought it was cool for about 15 minutes until we realized how much work it took to keep after him and keep him safe. He was into everything and I never sat down when he was awake. I just followed him around! As a result, with Maaike, I'm really not encouraging her to walk because I know what my life will be like when she does take those steps.... over!
So when Dave is home at night, he thinks it's "fun" to encourage our little one to follow in her brother's footsteps! The girl is still doing an army crawl! Isn't she supposed to be crawling around on all fours before she takes those dreaded steps so she does well in school and can read? Apparently there's research out there (or kooks... don't really know if this is a scientific thing) that says to make sure your child crawls before he/she walks so they are good readers...
Well, Dave never did crawl and was walking by 9 months and he did fine in school. So if Maaike's not crawling on all fours, she'll be okay! Anyway, she's by no means walking yet as far as I would say. But here are some pictures from 2 nights ago. She's on her way...
She does this often, lets go and just stands there.
No comments:
Post a Comment